Bangalore, Feb 7: Nine persons have been arrested in connection with last year's Bangalore serial blasts, police commissioner Shankar Bidari said on Bangalore. With these arrests, the police commissioner declared the serial blasts case solved.
A series of nine bombs rocked Bangalore on July 25, 2008, killing at least two and injuring more than 20 persons.
All the nine are from Kerala, Shankar Bidari told reporters here. Abdul Sattar, Abdul Jabbar, Sarfudin, Sakariya from Mallapuram, Kerala and Mujeeb, Faizal, Abdul Jaleel, Manaf of Kannur, and Badruddin from Ernakulum have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the July 2008 blasts, Reported PTI quoting DGP Ajai Kumar Singh said.
Four others involved in the blasts were killed in an encounter with the Indian army in Jammu and Kashmir while they were attempting to crossover to Pakistan between October 4 and 7. They were identified as Abdul Raheem, son-in-law of Sattar, Mohammad Fyas, Fayis and Mohammad Yasin from Kerala, he said.
Police, however, did not reveal the name of the group they belonged to. Police also did not divulge anything regarding its association to any militant outfits like Lakshar-e-Toiba.
The module was "radicalised by general feeling of perceived injustice to Muslims in India due to Babri Masjid demolition and Godhra incident and Gujarat riots," the police officer said.
They decided (to trigger blasts) on Bangalore due to the iconic status it acquired after the IT boom and the economic prosperity and that it was BJP-ruled, they said.
===========Shame!...a Page3 culture newspaper, published this news in Page5. However, it had other "breaking news" for its front page, which had international significance!